Moreno Valley Ministerial Alliance
ONLINE Registration Form for the Moreno Valley Kid's Rodeo:
- Eagle Nest Elementary School (Outdoor Arena and Solar Building)
- 1:00 pm GAMES IN SOLAR BUILDING
We, the undersigned, grant this participant permission to participate in the Moreno Valley Kid's Rodeo and/or any other individual will not be responsible or liable for any personal injury or damage of private property incurred by the contestant.
I hereby give my permission for images of my child, captured during the Kid's Rodeo Playday to be used by the Ministerial Alliance for promotional material and publications, and waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto.
RODEO EVENTS: (Check the boxes for the events you would like to enter your child in)
KID'S RODEO PLAYDAY RULES 2017:
1. An entry form with parent's signature must be filled out for each contestant, and submitted ONLINE.
2. Individual event medals will be awarded in each age division for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
3. A parent or guardian must be nearby the contestant in all arena events.
4. Sportmanship: Conduct yourself in an appropriate manner at all times.
5. No alcohol or glass containers - NO EXCEPTIONS! (Child will be eliminated if parent is under the influence.)
6. The stopwatch will be the official time for all timed events. The flag person will be the judge of broken patterns or rules. If, for some reason, he/she is unsure, the arena workers (setters of barrels, etc) can assist him/her and their decision will be final. A 5-second penalty will be applied for knocking over each barrel. Failure to complete a pattern or breaking a pattern will result in NO TIME. A completed mutton-busting or calf ride is considered to be 6 seconds.
7. Mistreatment of animals during judged or timed events will result in a no placing (judged) or no time (speed); this will be determined by the judge or flagger.
8. In the timed events, all gates will be CLOSED while the child is running the event. It will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian to insure the safety of their child when the gate is opened when the child is leaving or returning to the alley way. A parent/guardian MUST BE at the gate when it is open. Parent/Guardian is a MUST at gate before contestant can run event.
9. All contestants MUST WEAR western attire for all Events, this includes: western hat/helmet, long sleeved shirt and western boots or closed toe shoes. No baseball caps, visors, flip-flops, tennis shoes or sandals will be allowed. In the event of excessive wind, the hat rule will be waived. The decision to waive the hat rule will be made by leaders present and will be announced prior to the beginning of the event.
10. Please pick up all trash and put in cans provided at the arena.
11. Parent/Guardian acknowledges that this is a Christian-based event, as sponsored by the Moreno Valley Ministerial Alliance.
Your form will not be emailed to us until you click on SUBMIT. Fill out all information, sign and click SUBMIT. By clicking SUBMIT, you are agreeing to all rules and requirements and it will be considered a legal signature on this document by the child's legal guardian.
Participant must have permission by Mr. Mills to ride a demo
or to compete in a horse event.
Parents are allowed to lead child on horse.
May be a timed event.
RING TOSS: Child will be given 3 tries to "ring" the steer head on the hay bale with a hula hoop.
STICK HORSE BARREL RACE:
Timed event. Child rides stick horse around barrel and races back to starting point. Parent may "lead" the child in the pattern if desired.
STICK HORSE BRONC RIDING:
Timed Event. Child pretends they are riding a wild bronco for 8 seconds and given points for quality of ride by judges.
GOAT RIBBON PULL: Timed event. Child runs to goat, pulls ribbon off tail, and races back to starting point. Goat may be staked with a rope or held by an official.
DUMMY ROPING: Child will be given 3 tries to "ring" the steer head on the hay bale with a rope. They may bring their own rope or use one provided. Points given by judge.
GOAT TIE: Child must approach goat, lay them on their side, and tie 3 legs together. Tie must hold for 5 seconds. Timed Event.
GOAT or CALF SCRAMBLE:
A group event. Several goats/calves are released with ribbons on their tails and kids will run at the starting horn, capture a ribbon off the animal and race back to finish line. First 3 kids crossing the finish line are declared winners.
Please fill out this form completely. One entry form per child.
As parent/guardian of child, I acknowledge that typing my name on this form constitutes a legal signature by me.
Check in at Registration desk before 2:00 pm to pick up your info package.
IS NOW FULL!
Your child can still compete in the GROUP 6-8 BOOT SCRAMBLE when called; However, you must sign a release form at the Arena before they can compete.